Workshop Menu and Request Form
To request a workshop, complete our Workshop Request Form. Workshops must be requested at least 2 weeks prior to your requested date. Classroom presentations are limited to one workshop per unit, per semester.
Any workshop requests (live workshop and/or Live Q&A session) must be requested at least 2-4 weeks prior to your requested date. Classroom presentations are limited to one per class/group per semester.
- Introduction to the Career Center: Brief introduction of Career Center (may be presented by Career Center student staff) and a quick overview of resources and services available to students.
- University Studies - Introduction to Career: An introduction to the Career Center and career education, including commonly held career myths, an introduction to career readiness, and more. Specific to UNIV Studies classes.
- Introduction to Resumes (Beginning Resumes): Introduction to resumes including basics including formatting, content, and how to get started creating a resume.
- Preparing your Resume for the Job Search (Advanced Resumes): This advanced workshop includes a brief overview of resume basics as well as resume strategies to land a job interview.
- Focus2Career: Exploring your "VIPS" - Values, Interests, Personality & Skills: Exploration of Focus2Career as a resource to help students discover possible career paths based on their values, interests, personality & skills.
- Successful Interviewing: Best practices and strategies for a successful job interview.
- LinkedIn Workshop: Covers uses and best practices, how to set up a profile, and useful functionalities, including the alumni search tool for informational interviewing.
- Job and Internship Search Workshop: Provides an overview of the job search process including the best job-search tools and best practices.
- Exploring Career Pathways: How to explore possible career pathways through market research and informational interviewing.
- Graduate School: General overview of the graduate school application process from research to application submission.
- Preparing for Career Fairs: How to prepare your resume and Handshake profile, networking tips, and strategies for success at Career Fairs.
*All workshops are scheduled for 60 minutes, with the exception of "Introduction to the Career Center" which is scheduled for 5-10 minutes. If you have a 50-minute class, we can adjust our workshop, but we ask that you let us know in advance. Thank you!